The following things can help us on a physical level to get more grounded, and more in touch with the real us, the inner us:
- Listening to music that has a deep beat, or strong drum beats
- Exercising - walk, dance, swim - something that gets you moving and ideally makes you sweat
- Walking in the dew on the grass with barefeet, or sitting with your back against a tree. If neither of these things are possible, you can also just rub a metal spoon, curved-side upwards, against the soles of both feet.
It’s a post for another time, but physically the human body is an electrical circuit, and it needs to be ‘grounded’ in the most practical sense of the word, for optimal good health and wellbeing. These articles tell you a little more about our electrical nature:
Different Energy Medicine techniques you can use to help ground you
How electricity is affecting your mental and physical health
- Gardening - this is an all round GREAT activity for physically grounding and emotionally healing, especially if you talk to God while you weed.
- Working with clay
- Standing in the sea, and imagine yourself letting go of all your worries and dissatisfaction
In the next post, the diagnostic tool for Deeper Need 1.