The Talk to God approach for every health issue, both mental and physical, is to take a three-pronged approach that deals with the problem at all three levels of body, mind and soul.
In today’s post, we’re going to look at some spiritual solutions for beefing up Energy Centre 1 – Emuna / Belief.
Then in the next couple of posts, we’ll take a look at things from the emotional and physical angles, and lastly, I’ll give you a diagnostic tool you can check to see how strong Energy Centre 1 is, and where the main blocks or weaknesses might be (thanks to NAME for inspiring me with the great question: ‘How do you know which deeper need is out or blocked?’)
Spiritual solutions for Energy Centre 1 – Emuna / Belief:
- The first priority is to try to internalise our belief more that God’s in the world, and interested in us and our lives. How?
A good place to start is top spiritual coach Shalom Arush's Three Rules of Emuna, which are:
- God is doing everything, so you don’t need to keep blaming yourself for things going wrong, or beating yourself up for not being perfect, or hating other people for hurting you (even though they really did).
- Everything that happens to us is for a good reason – but we can’t always understand why.
- Everything that happens to us is just part of the conversation God is trying to have with us – it’s not a punishment, it’s just a message that we need to change, fix or work on something that’s preventing us from leading the happy, productive, healthy and meaningful life God has planned for us.
- Next, start talking to God on a regular basis, at least for a minute every single day.
You can talk to God about anything you want (and HONESTY is key here, so please don’t censor yourself if you don’t like God very much, or are feeling pretty angry about things, or are dealing with some huge negative emotions generally. God prefers our ugly truths much more than our beautiful lies.)
As we’re talking specifically about how to strengthen Deeper Need 1: Emuna / belief in this post, you might want to specifically discuss some of the following things with God, and get some help with:
- liking yourself more, and seeing your good points
- unconditionally accepting yourself, exactly as you are
- looking after yourself and your physical and emotional needs, without feeling guilty
- stop playing the blame game (both blaming yourself, and other people in your lif)
This is just a starting point. Feel free to suggest some other stuff to work on in the comments section.
If you’re getting stuck, you might want to check out the ‘How, What and Why of Talking to God’, which tells you everything you need to know to get your conversations with God rolling along, including practical stuff like the importance of having a wee before you start a deep and meaningful conversation with the Creator of the world!
Next post: Emotional solutions for Deeper Need 1